Wednesday, November 5, 2008

I always said I was gonna change the world....

Yesterday, I DID.

Voting doesn't seem to be a very big thing to some people, but to me, finally getting to make my voice heard after eighteen long years of being exposed to the news and politics 24/7 and wanting so badly to be able to vote, and FINALLY being able to - it's huge to me. Along with millions of other people, me, my tiny little self, with my tiny little voice - millions of tiny little voices, together - WE HAVE CHANGED THE WORLD.

I was speaking with my best friend in IM, Ritz (damn I love that girl!), and I heard a huge burst of cheers, looked up at the TV, and on CNN, saw, "Barack Obama Elected President,"....I could never have been prouder of the fact that the first name I ever checked on a voting machine was his, than I was at that moment.

And I have no hate for McCain, I respect him, I really do, and I have no hate for his supporters. (Except for the ones that booed during his speech in Phoenix....but that's another story, LOL.) The man ran a long, tough campaign and he's taken his loss like a man. I was glad to hear him say that he would work with our soon to be president to help reform this country and get us back on track.

And so now I end this message with these words:

"A government OF the people, BY the people, and FOR the people has not perished from the Earth."
-President-Elect Barack Obama

No comments: